Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Brings Slides & Swings!

Last summer Andy started looking for a swingset for the twins. He wanted it to be perfect and researched and researched and researched. Finally he decided on one that he thought would be both durable and a fun. We ordered it and it arrived on Chrismas Eve. It has been sitting in a storage shed since then and Andy has anxiously been awaiting some warm weather so he could put it together. A few weeks ago Mother Nature gave us a glimpse of Spring and Andy jumped at the opportunity. He and his friend Brian spent about 32 hours combined working on it. Sorry this picture is so crappy. The image processor in my camera was going bad. I discovered it cost less to buy a new camera than to fix the old one. How lame is that? I was awaiting the arrival of my new camera when I took this. But I digress. . .back to the swingset. Looks good, doesn't it?

They tried to get it finished before the next storm rolled in so the kids could play on it. Unfortunately, they were about an hour too slow. So I spent the next 2 days trying to explain to the kids why they couldn't go outside and play on the cool new toy that they could see out the window. Good times! Anyway, we've had a few days off and on that they were able to play on it. Sometimes they didn't even have to wear a jacket! They have had sooooo much fun! Thanks, Andy!
Hmmmm. . .maybe Makenzie should keep her eyes open and her feet down while going down the slide. It might make for a better landing!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow I am impressed that Andy put that together! Apparently he doesn't take after his dad though and have to wear a headband and gloves when putting things together :).

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I bet you'll have many happy days watching the kids enjoy that.

Mama Mimi said...

Oh that is awesome!!! You picked a good one! I bet the twins are going to have a great time with that! Lucky kids!