Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sego Lily Bogger Contest

Sego Lily Day Spa is having a contest for the ultimate blogger. The winner receives a spa treatment every month for a year and gets to blog about it. What a great idea!! This sounds like the perfect job for me. Here's to hoping that this is the winning entry!

Mommy Needs a Time Out

On any given day, I find myself muttering the same words: "Mommy needs a time out." As the mother of twin toddlers it is rare to get a moment of peace. Even my bathroom breaks are interrupted by four little hands banging on the door, anxiously awaiting my return so that they can wrap their sticky little fingers around mine and pull me in different directions. I know how important it is to take time for oneself. But often times it seems like that is an impossible feat.

For instance, one day I decided to indulge myself with a long, hot bath while the twins were napping. When I walked in the bathroom, I found this: My unread magazine ripped to shreds and thrown in the tub. "Mommy needs a time out." I bet Sego Lily Day Spa doesn’t have magazine pages floating around in the healing waters of their tubs. Just aromatic, vegan bath salts. Ooooh. . .I think I can feel them effervescing already!

Another day—as I was quickly trying to moisturize, pluck and apply a dash of makeup—my dynamic duo somehow managed to tip the mirror in our bedroom over. It hit the bedpost, shattered and landed on top of my little girl. Thankfully, she came away unscathed. Scared, but unscathed. “Mommy needs a time out.” I can’t think of a better way to spend that time out than receiving Sego Lily’s Signature Facial from a licensed aesthetician. An entire hour dedicated to nourishing and rejuvenating my skin? That’s unheard of. In fact, I don’t think anyone has told me that my skin glowed since my honeymoon.

And speaking of my wonderful husband. . .
All day long I look forward to sitting down to dinner and having and adult conversation with him. More often than not, however, our dinner conversation is served with a side of text messages and phone calls from his job. The constant clicking of his fingers on the keys is one of my biggest stressors. Sometimes I feel like I am the mother of twin toddlers and a teenage son! "Mommy needs a time out. With Daddy." "Are you ready to order sir?" "Yes, the lady will start off with the cell-phone free halls of Sego Lily Day Spa. And for our main course, we will have a tandem massage in the new Couple’s Suite."

I have many goals and dreams for my life. One is to keep my sanity in the wake of twin toddlers. Another is to establish some credibility as a freelance writer. And, of course, I would love to have my own personal cabana boy to rub me down when I’m tense, feed me frozen grapes and fan me with palm leaves. Sadly, I will probably never attain the latter. Winning the Sego Lily Day Spa Blogger Contest, however, would be almost as good (if not better) because I could kill two birds with one of their Rocky Mountain Stone Massages, so to speak. I find writing very therapeutic. So having the opportunity to not only enjoy some of the most luxurious treatments from Sego Lily’s menu of services, but also write about my experience will help me keep my sanity and build my writing resume. And that, my friends, is why I should be the Sego Lily Blogger!

5 comments:

Andy Bud said...

Yes Mommy does need a timeout! It used to be fun to get under your skin but now it is too easy. Where's the fun if its not a challenge. Mommy needs to win and get some stress relief. Makes it easier on Daddy as well. Yeah for March Madness!!

Mama Mimi said...

Oh that is wonderful! And I do think you should have the winning entry. I loved it! And you very much deserve a time - out!

Shannon said...

Sounds like a winning entry to me. Hope you get your time out :).

The Noskers said...

I hope you win! This entry is GREAT and sooo creative---wish I still had half a brain left to be that creative. Instead all of my creative juices are spent on letters of rec for ungrateful teens! UGH! I think this mommy needs a time out too!

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you live in another state or I'd give you some competition for that prize. As it is I hope you get the time out you deserve :)