Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The District Leads the Nation in Twi-Tards!

In case you haven’t heard, there is a little series of books called Twilight and they decided to make them into movies. This has lead to a bunch of sexually-charged women pining for love and who we affectionately call Twi-tards. I thought this series was for teenagers, but boy was I wrong. Our demographic was 1% men (who must have done something wrong and are being punished), 10% teenage girls, and the remaining 89% women (sometimes referred to as cougars). They come wearing their Team Jacob and Team Egghead t-shirts, although the best t-shirt I saw said “The Book Version.” At least I was able to put Team Football and Team Utah Jazz on our video walls to try and get more testosterone in the building. However, I think a couple of my single managers were enjoying the scenery for the weekend. But I can’t complain too much. For the 2nd year in a row my theatre, The District, has led the entire nation in total dollars and attendance for the Twilight movies! All 20 screens were sold out for the midnight show Friday morning. On Saturday alone, we were sooo close to reaching 20,000 for the day. Fun fact: that is how many people the Energy Solutions Arena holds and we beat the attendance at the Jazz game that day.

The calm before the storm. . .
. . .and after the Twi-Hard Twi-Tards descended upon our lobby for the midnight show.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Andy, I am not only impressed with the volume of business you did and how hard you worked to ensure everything went smoothly, but also with the fact that you composed your own blog entry! Way to go babe!!

The Frosted Gardner said...

Holy no way! That is crazy. I think I am the only one in the whole wide world who has not seen the first one.

Alyssa said...

Holy cow! That is insane! And the 1% men thing.. ha ha.. it's funny because Steven asked to see it with me on Sat, so it was all his choice. One of these days we will come visit you out there!

Steven said...

I regret my wife posted that information on this blog! If you removed that comment it wouldn't hurt my feelings.
I was also getting hot and bothered when Jacob took his shirt off. That's why I went!!!