Thursday, November 19, 2009

Broke Back Bathroom

It broke Andy's back. . .again.
It broke our budget.
And it caused many breakdowns on my behalf.
But the downstairs bathroom is finally done!

Well, 99% done anyway. We are still waiting for 2 pieces of tile that are out of stock to come in. I've decided, however, that it may take another 3 months for that to happen.

That's just one of the many problems we encountered during the course of this project. I'm pretty sure that we had more problems finishing this bathroom than we did building our entire house. No exaggeration. But was it worth it? The answer is a resounding YES!

We spend a lot of time in the basement, especially in the winter months. I love the fact that I don't have to walk all the way upstairs whenever I have to use the bathroom. Especially because that is a frequent event these days. Not to mention that I get winded walking up 13 steps now. It was only a month and a half ago that I hiked for miles in the Arizona desert heat. Now I feel like Sir Edmund Hilary just by climbing a flight of stairs. If only the two little people in my house would let go in there and take care of business by myself. . .

But I digress. I am really happy with the way it turned out. Kudos to Andy for all of his hard work. My dad and brother also deserve a shout out for their help. Way to go boys!

1 comment:

Mama Mimi said...

This bathroom looks awesome! Isnt it so great to have a handy man around!