Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sesame Street. . .LIVE!

When I was younger, I was obsessed with all things Smurfs. Much like the twins are now obsessed with all things Sesame Street. My mom even bought me this Smurfette sweatshirt, hoping it would motivate me to want to go to kindergarten. I LOVED that sweatshirt. I would've worn it every singe day if my mom had let me.
I even got to meet the Smurfs when they were doing a mall tour. I'm pretty sure it was the highlight of that year (1984-ish). The t-shirt I was wearing was also a Smurf shirt, although you can't tell in this high quality Polaroid.
Fast forward 25 years when, to what to my wondering eyes did appear? A catalog featuring personalized Sesame Street shirts, in which my twins would look so dear! I immediately ordered them for Christmas. But then I heard that Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up was coming to the E-Center. So I called in a favor to our friend who works at the E-Center and he hooked us up with some sweet tickets (Thanks, Polk!!). Of course, then I couldn't wait until Christmas to give them their shirts. They had to wear them to the show. The were very excited!

The excitement didn't stop with their wardrobe, however. Brayden was mesmerized during the first song by the huge characters singing and dancing. Makenzie would squeal with delight and yell out each characters name when she saw them on stage. She was especially fond of Elmo and Abby. They both got up and danced and jumped and had a great time.

Andy and I didn't mind the show. It was pretty well done, although it was a little long. We had more fun watching the twins and seeing how much fun they were having. It was a sunny day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet they talk about that for a long time to come. Smiles are always worth it.

Amanda said...

I was a smurf lover myself. Why don't they bring them back. Having been blogging very well latley so I have been on your for a bit. Looks like you guys are great. The kidos are getting big. Hope to see ya at the famous Christmas party this weekend.

Shannon said...

Love the smurf shirt and the twins are so cute in their sweatshirts!! Merry Christmas and it was great to see you at the family party. Can't wait to see cute baby pics :).