Saturday, November 15, 2008

Odds and Ends

What have we been up to lately? Well, not much this past week. The twins got sick earlier this week and after 3 days of wiping their noses, I got sick. What can I say. . .at least they have finally learned to share. :)

Prior to that, we tried playing in a big pile of leaves that my Dad raked up. Brayden cried and cried. He did not like it, which is weird considering how much fun he had playing in the leaves while we were hiking.

A couple of weeks ago I took the kids to Andy's theater for lunch. They love visiting him at work! I wish we could do it more often, but it's too far away. There is a place called Cookie Cutters right next to the theater so we also took the twins to get haircuts while we were there. After the mess I made of Brayden's hair when I tried to cut it I decided some things are better left to the professionals. This place rocked! The stylists were so good with kids and Brayden and Makenzie thought it was pretty cool to sit in the car and the airplane.
Makenzie showing off her cute new doo.
And finally, a shameless plug for myself. TWINS magazine is going to publish another one of my articles in their January issue. It's not a huge publication, but kinda fun nonetheless. It's nice to have an accomplishment other than mopping the floor and managing to keep it clean for an entire day!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is exciting about a another Magazine artical. It is no wonder though I thinkyou blogs are a great read. So I am sure they love you articles too. Sick kids are no fun an it seems that I get evertying the kids do to.

Mama Mimi said...

You are amazing Melinda! Such a great mom. The twins look so cute with their new haircuts.