Saturday, November 22, 2008

Balls, not dolls!

Balls, not dolls! That is the mantra that Andy is trying to teach Brayden. He doesn't care what kind of a ball. Basketball, football, even a ping pong ball. Much to Andy's chagrin, however, I don’t think it is working.
Meet Iris. Iris was my favorite Cabbage Patch Kid when I was a little girl. A few weeks ago I got her out for Makenzie to play with. Kenzie wasn’t all that impressed. But Brayden took an immediate liking to Iris! He squeals when he picks her up and hugs her. Then he turns back into a typical boy and drags her around the house by her braids. So one might think that there is no need to worry.

But worry Andy still does. Why you ask? Because Brayden also loves to play with my purses. So there you have it. Two of my son’s favorite toys are dolls and purses!
Note: I intend to keep these pictures readily available for blackmail purposes in the years to come!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

What I find funny is that in the background of the last picture Kenzie is holding the ball!!! I don't think you need to worry. Maybe he will just be a sensative male.

Mama Mimi said...

That is so funny! Iris sure is cute! Can't say that I blame him!

Shannon said...

Just tell Andy that real men aren't afraid to have dolls or purses. I think on friends they called it a man bag. Your kids are so cute!

Anonymous said...

He just wants someone littler than him around. Maybe you should tell Andy he'll quit playing with dolls if you have another baby and see if he still minds the doll :)