Monday, July 21, 2008

Confessions

Yesterday after we went hiking in the Uintas, we stopped at Dick’s Drive-In for some dinner. Brayden refused to eat his banana and promptly threw his pieces off the floor. We didn’t have anything else to feed him, so I ended up feeding him some of my shake for dinner. That’s right. I fed my son ice cream for dinner! Something I never thought I would do. In just one short year I have found myself saying or doing many things out of necessity that I never thought I would do. They range from things I’ve done in the privacy of my own home---making my son wear fuzzy purple pajamas adorned with flowers and kittens---to things I’ve done in public---using the bathroom in Macy’s with the door open because even in the handicap stall, the double stroller wouldn’t fit!

Now it’s your turn to ‘fess up. I want comments from everyone (yes, even you Sonya!) telling me what kinds of things you have found yourself doing that you never imagined you would do.

3 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

When I am getting Faith dressed or just out of the tub I cover her in lotion. And then she tries to get it on her hands so she can eat it. I have given up on this one.

Anonymous said...

This will make you wish you never asked me to 'fess up. Once when we were out in nature away from homes, cars and all tissues, I used my hand to wipe a runny nose and then wiped it in the grass.

Dale also thought it was gross (although he was greatful) when I used my hands to catch throw-up so it didn't go all over the car. I've kept a Walmart bag in the car ever since!!!

Germ-x is great.

The Noskers said...

Ok, maybe I'm just a bad mommy, but my confession is that I've actually got so frustrated with the baby that I screamed at her. (And with her). Yep, I was at my wits end and very, very sleep deprived!! Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

As for other confessions, I buy the organic baby food and "spoil" her. When I was pregnant, I thought it was insane to spend more money on organic baby food when they all have a high standard for the ingredients used. That is until my baby ate some and absolutely loved it and wouldn't touch the gerber stuff anymore. A shame since everyone calls her a gerber baby. Oh, well. Whatcha gonna do?